2011 Christmas Sponsor Information
Christmas 2011 Schedule
Thank you for helping provide Christmas this year for someone who would otherwise go without! This is our 18th Christmas providing gifts for needy children, seniors, and special needs adults – we’ve only been able to do this because of the Lord’s blessings and because of your faithful caring.
In 2010, gifts were provided for 1,240 children, 74 special needs adults and 163 seniors received gifts. In addition to gifts, 65 senior families (217 individuals) received Christmas dinners. All receiving help from the Christmas program were Davie County residents.
Our volunteers have their hands full taking care of clients and patients each day, so there is a shortage of the needed number of volunteers to help with Christmas. Because of this, we are approaching Christmas a little different this year, trying to lessen problems. We ask for you to please help us by closely following the instructions below. Your cooperation will greatly help this huge program go much smoother.
May God bless you and your families and may you have a joyous Christmas this year!
Dates for bringing gifts to Storehouse:
- December 1st (9am - 2pm), 5th and 6th (9am - 6pm) and December 7th and 8th (9am - 7:30pm).
- Please take gifts to the 3rd door (counting the playground door as the 1st door) of the right hand side of the building. Signs should be posted.
Ages of Clients Needing Sponsors
- Birth through 12th Grade (Little Lambs)
- 65 and older (Senior Stars)
- 19 to 64 - Special Needs Adults (our special needs adults with severe mental or physical disabilities, DCDSS’ nursing home patients who are without family members, and DCDSS’ special needs adults in the community) (Shepherds)
- Eight requests are taken for each individual in order to give the sponsor more choices.
Since sponsors do not know the individual(s), we try to get as much detail as possible from
the client about the individual’s likes and dislikes (ex: colors, styles, etc.) to help give you some guidelines when you are shopping.
- Sponsors are asked to purchase 3 items total - either 2 NEW toys (or miscellaneous items for seniors & special needs adults) & 1 NEW clothing item. Please, no used items for Christmas gifts.
Gifts must be appropriate for a Christian ministry to give - nothing violent, sexual, or occult.
- We do not have room this year to handle incoming bicycles/riding toys, so requests for these
items will not be taken.Tricycles and other smaller, unassembled riding toys can be accepted.
- If a request is too expensive, please call Marie at 753-8081 and she will call the parent and ask for a different request. Clients are instructed that they can list one item up to $50, and that they may not actually receive that item.
- If sponsors would like to buy additional toys and clothing for their child, senior, or special needs adult, they may, of course, do so. However, in an effort to keep gifts equal among siblings, please consider sponsoring additional children rather than buying excess gifts.
- Clients who received Christmas 2010 but failed to sign up for this year prior to November 18th are considered "Late Request Clients". Sponsors will be asked to only purchase one item of clothing and one toy for these clients.
Sponsor Assignment Forms
Church, Business, School, or Civic Group Sponsors:
Due to a lack of sufficient number of Christmas volunteers, we ask all group sponsors to please help us by:
- Having a sign-up sheet so you know who has taken each child/senior to help you track down gifts that have not been brought in.
- Before bringing the gifts to Storehouse, please:
- Make sure all bags are accounted for.
- Have someone, or a group of people, check all gifts for accuracy and appropriateness.
- Correct anything that is a wrong size or inappropriate.
- Please do not wrap Little Lambs’ gifts - parents want to be a part of the giving by wrapping the gifts & also, naturally, want to see what their children are receiving.
- You may include wrap, bows, and tape if you wish, but it is not requested.
- If you want, you may wrap gifts for Stars and Shepherds, but please include a listing of what is wrapped. These wrapped gifts and the listing should be enclosed in a clear plastic bag with the same labeling as described below.
When bringing gifts to Storehouse:
- Place all gifts per individual into clear plastic trash bags (available free from Storehouse or you can choose to purchase them).
- Securely attach a large gift tag (also available from Storehouse) to each bag indicating the assigned number and letter. Please write this information legibly and with large lettering. If you need to use more than 1 bag per recipient, note the number of bags per recipient (example: 1 of 2, 2 of 2).
- About gift requests: call Marie Collins at 753-8081 or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
THANK YOU FOR CARING AND FOR YOUR SUPPORT! HAVE A BLESSED CHRISTMAS! MAY GOD BLESS YOU